Monday 10 June 2013

Hufflepuff Pride

Hello there!

There are two things you need to know about this manicure. One is that I love Harry Potter. The second is that I love the Hufflepuff House.  

So I did Hufflepuff nail art. Obviously.  

Photo taken in natural daylight.
 
You know when Pottermore came out and everyone freaked out about which house they were in? Well, I wasn't that bothered about Pottermore and I looked over the houses and thought I'd be a Hufflepuff. Or possibly a Ravenclaw. (Hufflepuffs are amazing, no Hufflepuff hate here please and thank you!) 

So imagine my surprise and vague outrage when I eventually did get sorted on Pottermore and I was put in Gryffindor. So then when I was wearing Barry M Station Road (yellow textured, swatch to come) and I had the idea of Hufflepuff nail art, I leapt at the chance to show off my Hufflepuff pride!

Photo taken in natural daylight. 
I did a badger on my ring finger as an accent, since it is the animal on the house crest, and I copied the pose from the Hogwarts shield crest as well. I freehanded it with a small brush in Barry M Black and Sinful Colors Snow Me White. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, even though a stray piece of glitter found its way into my topcoat! Although, it kind of looks like an eye!

Photo taken in natural daylight.
I freehanded the 'H' for Hogwarts - or Hufflepuff, take your pick - on my thumb with Black, and again was really happy with how it came out. Here's a close up shot for you.  

Photo taken in natural daylight.
 
I did the chevrons by doing small dots with a toothpick where I needed the corners to be, outlined them roughly with the same toothpick and then filled them in with my small brush.  

Photo taken in natural daylight.  
Since I was doing this nail art over the texture of Station Road, I did have to go over the Black a second time to make it opaque. I topped the whole manicure off with one coat of Rimmel Pro Super Wear top coat and then one coat of Save The Nail 45 Second Top coat to smooth everything out.  

I hope you enjoyed this manicure as much as I have. (I really don't want to take it off!) Also, let me know if you want me to create nail art for the other three Hogwarts houses!






1 comment: