Monday 1 April 2013

Mahogany Magic Dotticure

Hello there!

I wasn't expecting to be posting again so soon, but ah well. I painted my nails and wanted to share them, so here I am, writing another blog post.  


Photo taken in daylight.




I decided to use China Glaze Mahogany Magic, since I hadn't used it in a while. It's a yellow based, almost chocolate-y brown. It dries a few shades darker than the bottle, which surprised me the first time I used it. It's the usual China Glaze formula, smooth and pigmented, so it was really easy to apply. If I had been more careful when applying it, it could have been a one-coater, but I ended up using two. It dries pretty quickly though, so the extra coat didn't bother me. 

My plan had been to do a dotted half moon on my thumb and ring finger, but when I began dotting (with China Glaze Harvest Moon, a gorgeous copper foil) I accidentally made the dots too big and then had to make it up on the spot. I actually really do like the design I ended up with though, so that's good.  
Photo taken in daylight. 

Photo taken in daylight. 



My basecoat for this design was two coats of Barry M 3-in-1 Basecoat, Topcoat and Nail Hardener, and my topcoat was Rimmel Pro Super Wear, which worked just fine.   It was really hard to get a good photo of this manicure though, since the glossiness made it reflect everything! 



4 comments:

  1. I have seen a lot of brown polishes, but I have to say this is my favourite! I love how simple this pattern is! It's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I love brown polishes, but unfortunately this is the only true brown I own (although I do have a list of brown Nubars I'm dying to get my hands on!)

      Delete
  2. I like brown polishes too, and this is one of my favourites! It looks great with the dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a shame brown polishes aren't more popular - it's so hard to find nice ones!

      Delete