Saturday 6 April 2013

Green and Gold Leaves

Hello there!

So the title of this post isn't exactly awe-inspiring, even though I LOVE this manicure, I just couldn't work out what to call it. I took the design from this ring, which I am wearing in the pictures even though you can't see it, because I'm an idiot and forgot to take pictures of the ring! you can click on the link and see it in all its glory though.  

Photo taken in daylight, shade.

I started with two coats of Barry M Racing Green, a deep emerald green. It does have a blue tone to it in certain lights, and I have occasionally seen a couple flashes of blue shimmer in it.  It's metallic and shimmery and beautiful and really easy to apply. It had the same formula as most Barry M's - not quite thin and not quite thick. I find it easier to apply with one thin coat and then one thicker coat.  I wore it alone for a day first, because it was just so gorgeous on its own. 

I added my usual Rimmel Pro Super Wear top coat, but that was only for added protection - Racing Green is very glossy by itself. My basecoat was two coats of Barry M's 3-in-1 Basecoat, topcoat and Nail Hardener.

Photo taken in daylight, sunlight.


Then I broke out A-England's Holy Grail, a gold foil which sometimes leans a little green, and freehanded the details on my accent fingers. I started with just the leaves but thought my nails looked a little bare, so then I added in the curved lines at the tip and cuticle. I finished it all off with a fresh layer of top coat.  

Photo taken in daylight, shade.

My photos do lean a little more blue than it actually is. In most lights it is a true dark green, you can only see the slight blue in certain lighting. I certainly wouldn't call it a teal, so that gives you some idea of how green it really is. 

I've been wearing this for three days (only two with the gold details) and have only gotten minimal tipwear, which you can see on my middle and fourth fingers in the pictures, but it's not very noticeable in real life. 

I really love the look of this manicure - it's very opulent and luxurious, and it didn't take me very long at all! I think it's one of my favourite looks that I've ever done. 




No comments:

Post a Comment