Wednesday 25 September 2013

33DC Day Two: Most Used Colour Polish

Hi there!

It's the second of The Crumpet's 33 day nail art challenge, and today's prompt is 'your most used colour polish'. I wasn't sure which one mine was, so I lined up some of favourite polishes to see which I had used the most of and there was a clear winner. China Glaze Fast Track is half gone! I hadn't even realised I had used so much of it!

I decided to go with a beach theme for my mani, since I've always thought that Fast Track mattified looks quite a lot like sand. 


All photos taken indoor, artificial light


I started with two coats of Fast Track. Unfortunately, as my bottle is getting a little old now the formula has become thicker. It's not unworkable, just not as nice as it used to be! Maybe I should invest in some thinner...). I love the golden shimmer this polish has, it's such an interesting nude! I used my Rimmel Matte Finish topcoat so that it looked more like sand. 

Then I mixed Sinful Colors Snow Me White with a little Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away and painted it onto my tips with a small brush, to try and create waves. I added the details with Snow Me White and a toothpick. 




I do like this manicure, but now that I look at it again, I wish I'd added some bigger waves, and maybe a starfish or something as well, to make it more obvious what I was going for. Never mind, it was a good chance to use Fast Track again. 

Don't forget to check out the other manis done for today's challenge down below! 

(Also, I'm experimenting with the size of the photos on the blog - I think I like them this size, but let me know what you prefer!)





2 comments:

  1. Fast Track was one of my contenders, too! I def use it a TON! If you don'y have Orly's Nite Owl I totally recommend it- they're almost twins, but Orly has silver shimmers instead of gold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sounds interesting! I haven't yet bought any back ups for my colour polishes, but Fast Track is a big contender! I love how subtle it is whilst still being interesting and unusual :) Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete