Monday 23 September 2013

33DC Day One: Dots

Hey!

I'm so excited to be posting again, and to be doing some nail art again! Since I posted yesterday, I have since discovered the nail art challenge is actually being hosted by Debbie of The Crumpet, so that is a lesson to me - I should always always always do more research!

On to the nail art for today! The prompt for day one is dots, and I decided to go subtle, rather than all out polka dots.  


All photos taken under artificial light.Also, they're hideously colour inaccurate.

I started with two coats of Collection 2000 Electric Dreams, a gorgeous teal which I love so much! The formula is so easy to work with, and it dries fairly fast too. Unfortunately it has shown up far more blue in these photos than it is in real life - it is the perfect balance between blue and green for me, with a slightly dusty look to it. 

Then I used a toothpick (since I still don't own any dotting tools) and No 17 Peacock to create little dots on the tips of all my nails. It's a blue-green metallic with some shimmer which looks fabulous as a full mani! I really like it as an accent in this one too, it's subtle but definitely noticeable. 

 

Unfortunately, I either had something on my nail when I painted them, or it bubbled when it dried, so I have a couple bumps/bubbles you can see in the photos. Maybe it was too hot in my room. 

I topcoated the design with my trusty Barry M 3-in-1 topcoat, which I also used for my base. 

I did try to colour correct these photos in photoshop, but it makes my skin look very strange, so I'll only show you one of them! It's still not true to life, but it's closer than the other photos. (Apparently my camera doesn't like blues and greens.)

 


Thanks for reading! 

(Don't forget to check out the other manis from today down below!)







No comments:

Post a Comment