Saturday 11 May 2013

Circular Gallifreyan


Hello there!

It's been a while since I last posted, but hopefully now that I'm on exam leave I'll be able to keep the blog updated - although we'll have to see how much revision interferes with that plan!

On Tuesday evening, I went to my school's Leavers Ball - which was great fun - and obviously it was an excuse for more nail art. It was a fancy dress party, with the theme of 'childhood memories' so I went as the Tenth Doctor, and my best friend went as Rose Tyler (both from Doctor Who, if you didn't know.)




The Doctor is a Time Lord, so he's from Gallifrey, and some extremely clever people in the fandom designed Circular Gallifreyan, which is basically the written equivalent of the language of the Time Lords. It looks a bit like this: 


“Doctor Who just makes me happy” in Circular Gallifreyan for the Doctor Who Tumblr autograph thing.
Photo used with permission from carbonandpixiedust.tumblr.com

Fun fact: the above picture actually says 'Doctor Who just makes me happy'! And here are my Circular Gallifreyan inspired nails...


Photo taken in daylight, shade.

Photo taken in daylight, shade.

Photo taken in daylight, shade.

I began with two coats of my Barry M 3-in-1 Basecoat, Topcoat and Nail Hardener, since the blue polish really can stain a LOT, and I needed a super smooth base. Then I used three coats of the nameless Francesca's Collections blue - it still wasn't fully opaque, but my nail line was barely visible and I knew it wouldn't be noticeable once I did the nail art over the top. 

Then taking a small brush and Sinful Colours Snow Me white, I began to freehand the designs onto my nails. My nails don't actually say anything, since I just improvised the shapes as I painted, taking the style from Circular Gallifreyan. 

I used my Save the Nail 45 Second Quick Dry Topcoat, which did smudge the design a little, but it wasn't really noticeable. 

And then, when I was getting ready to go out to the ball at my friend's house, I couldn't help but add some rhinestones! (Hey, it was my first chance for nail art in a looong time, I was going to go all out!)This is just a quick photo before I took them off altogether. As you can see, one of the rhinestones on my thumb had fallen off by the time I took the photo, and there's some tipwear, but you can see what I mean.  

Photo taken in daylight, shade.



No comments:

Post a Comment